Firefighter and two contractors dead after two cell phone towers collapse during maintenance
- Two contractors were working on a 300-foot tower in West Virginia when it collapsed, killing them
- A smaller tower fell minutes later, killing a firefighter who had arrived on the scene
- Two other contractors were injured in the accident
- The contractors were strengthening the towers’ supports by replacing them when they collapsed
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating
A 300-foot cellphone tower in West Virginia collapsed Saturday and minutes later a smaller tower fell, killing two contractors and a firefighter, authorities said.
The contractors Kyle Kirkpatrick, 32, from Hulbert Oklahoma and Terry Lee Richard, Jr, from Bokoshe, Oklahoma were tethered to the larger tower when it collapsed in Clarksburg, killing them, State Police Corporal Mark Waggamon said.
Nutter Fort Fire Department firefighter 28-year-old Michael Dale Garrett, of Clarksburg, was killed when he was walking from…
View original post 340 more words