[ooyala code=”pwZmRrajrLHEMMnmMIOqm-IrkCUKjRMg” player_id=”65279b80531146eea3c65f3510b1c4b9″]
A family of five is safe tonight after fire damaged their home near Granger Saturday night.
Crews were called to a house in the 30,000 block of 190th Street just before 10 p.m. Nearly 50 firefighters braved the bitter cold into the early morning hours.
“We got the majority of the main flames knocked down in 45 minutes,” said Granger Fire Chief Jarrod Sturtz.
Fighting the flames was only half the battle. Crews from more than a half a dozen metro fire departments worked in shifts for the three hours it took to clear the scene.
“There’s a lot more risks involved in fighting the fires in the cold weather because you have pumps that freeze up, your tankers can freeze up when they’re hauling to the scene. There are just a lot of variables,” Sturtz explained.
It appears the fire started in the chimney. Sturtz says the…
View original post 61 more words