[worldnow id=9037822 width=385 height=288 type=video]
COHASSET (CBS) – Still haunted by the night her home caught on fire, Laura O’Grady opened the door of the small barn in her back yard to show us stacks of partially charred items salvaged from the wreckage. “This is what’s left of a whole house,” she said brushing the soot off a framed photo of her children.
The fire broke out two years ago. The youngest of her three children was in the family room when the cable box exploded. “She started screaming MOM! MOM!,” Laura recalled.
Having lost her own mother in a fire when she was just a child, Laura and her husband were grateful no one was hurt, but the house was a total loss and rebuilding it has crushed them financially. “We lost a lot of money, a lot of money, all our savings, everything went into this house,” she…
View original post 315 more words